Why mechanical engineering is needed in the industry?
Do you know why mechanical engineering? Mechanical engineering has a wide field of action since practically all production involves machinery and equipment to improve its operation. This discipline applies the principles of thermodynamics and the branches of classical, quantum and fluid mechanics.
Why mechanical engineering?
The range of tasks of the Mechanical Engineering Career is fragmented into a series of sub-disciplines that can be shared with other engineering firms. The most general fields of this career are:
- Solid mechanics, which are machines of all kinds, whether transport such as railways and/or vehicles, to machinery such as cranes and/or tractors;
- Fluid mechanics, which covers aeronautics, installations such as heating and/or air conditioning, among others;
- Energy, such as solar, wind, hydraulic, among others;
- Manufacturing and industrial design;
- Electricity, in what they are: power plants, facilities, training centers;
Profile of the student of the Mechanical Engineering Career
The student of the Mechanical Engineering Career is a creative person with a great imaginative capacity. An added value for the profile is that they are interested in knowing the technologies applied to the generation of machinery and the use and transformation of materials and energy in different ways. To add, the student must have a rational profile and skills for abstract reasoning and logical-mathematical processes.
In summary, the student of the Mechanical Engineering Career must have:
- Capacity for teamwork;
- Adequate preparation in mathematics and physics;
- Analytical capacity;
- Leadership skills and good interpersonal relationships;
- Sensitivity towards the environment.
What can I work on as a graduate of the Mechanical Engineering Career?
The tasks that a graduate of the Mechanical Engineering Career can perform are very varied. A professional can carry out different design, assembly and development tasks, elaborating a new object or assembling its operating system. Also, you can perform energy analysis, develop improvements in industrialization processes, either with the modernization of machinery or developing a new venture.
To add, the graduate can offer his knowledge as a work team advisor or do it independently for different industries in which they are in demand, such as automotive or construction.
Finally, there are those dedicated to research to create new machinery to satisfy industrial needs.
In summary, the areas in which a graduate of the Mechanical Engineering Career can stand out are:
- The automotive industry of assembly and production of parts;
- The metalworking industry;
- The chemical and petrochemical industry;
- The home appliance production industry;
- The food industry;
- In research, design and manufacturing;
Advantages and disadvantages of the Mechanical Engineering career
One of the main advantages of the Mechanical Engineering Career is the job opportunity, since engineering, regardless of the specialization, is in high demand in Argentina. Therefore, remuneration is also another advantage. As demand is greater than supply, Mechanical Engineering offers salaries well above the market average.
Apart from the advantages just mentioned, there are many others for which to choose this discipline:
- Freedom to become independent: If you have experience in the field and the courage to start your own business, you will be able to do it successfully;
- Contribution to the community: All engineering companies have a direct or indirect contribution to the benefit and development of the communities, either by building a bridge or improving the machinery of a company so that it stops polluting;
- You can find internships: If you want to learn by doing while you study, you will be able to find paid internships in companies of different areas;
- You learn to work in a team: As no engineering job can be developed individually, you learn to interact with other people to develop tasks together.
The disadvantages of studying the Mechanical Engineering Career
They are reduced to two: the duration and the difficulty. To qualify as an Engineer, you are required to have a minimum number of approved subjects which, in turn, are broken down between 5 and 6 years. To add, the subjects taught in these plans are difficult since they require mathematical knowledge and a vast domain of logic.
But … If you are a creative person, curious about technological innovations and with a particular taste for reasoning, logic and exact sciences, then the Mechanical Engineering Career may be the one for you.