The Best Mac Clean Up Tips
Your MacBook is one of your most precious gadgets in the world. It’s not just a computer, an investment in you and your future. You have to keep it clean of any unwanted files and free up storage space so that you can store more files on your other devices. So know more about Mac!
There are many different ways to clean up your Mac, and in this article, we’re going to share with you the best tips. Let’s get started.
Mac Clean Up Step by Step
Mac Clean Up is a feature in Apple’s macOS operating system that helps you tidy up your Mac by deleting temporary files, cleaning up the disk space, and removing obsolete or unused applications.
If you’re like most Mac users, at some point, you’ll run into a situation where something goes wrong and your Mac becomes cluttered and difficult to use. In those cases, it can be helpful to use Mac Clean Up to get your Mac back in order. Here are to proceed the Mac Clean Up:
- Install the macOS 10.13 “High Sierra” update if you haven’t already. This update includes features that make using Mac Clean Up easier.
- In the Finder, open the “Applications” folder and right-click on the application that you want to clean up. Select “Get Info.”
- Under the “General” tab, click the “Files” button and select the categories you want to cleanup. For example, if you want to remove temporary files, select “Temporary Files.”
- Click on the checkboxes next to the items that you want to delete and then click on the “OK” button.
- If you see items that are in use, click on the “Quit Disk Utility” button to quickly clean those items up.
- Click on the item that you want to permanently delete and then select “Delete” under the “Advanced” tab.
- If you want to permanently delete items, be sure to check the checkbox next to “File System”; otherwise, they will be cleaned up and put into a common folder that may be visible in Finder, where you can configure permissions again after cleaning up all your files using Mac Clean Up.
- Click on the item that is checked and then press the Delete key on your keyboard once more.
The Best Mac Clean Up Tips
There are a few things you can do to clean up your Mac if it’s messy and cluttered. Whether you just don’t have enough space or your job requires that everything be neatly arranged, there are some simple tips to help you clean up your Mac.
First, make sure you have a good overview of what’s on your screen. If folders or files are taking up a lot of space, consider grouping similar items together on one screen and deleting the duplicates.
Second, use the Finder sidebar to see what files take up the most space. If there are any large files or folders that you don’t need or want on your computer, you can delete them using the File menu.
Third, if you have a lot of photos or videos stored on your computer, try using iPhoto Library Manager or iTunes for Windows to organize and compress them into smaller files. This will save a lot of disk space and make it easier to find and access the photos and videos you need.
If you’re like most people, your Mac is cluttered. You’ve got folders full of old photos, videos, and documents. Your desktop is covered in icons and shortcuts; there’s just no room for anything new.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your Mac’s clutter and lack of space, don’t worry – there are some easy ways to clean up your computer and make it look nicer.
Whether you’re just starting to feel the pressure of a cluttered desktop or struggling to clean it up for a while, these tips will help get the job done.